Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dates


The boys and I went to the free matinee at the movie theater on Sunday. Ethan sat enthralled, carefully balancing his popcorn on his lap and trying not to get closed up in the seat. Evan played around in the aisle with the other too-little-but-their-mothers-and-siblings dragged-them-along-anyway kids. It was a lot of fun and I was glad to learn that Ethan is old enough for a real movie before springing for a $7 ticket sometime.

Last week we ate lunch at an adorable little restaurant in Broken Bow. Ethan and I used to eat there after my doctor appointments the summer I was pregnant with Evan. It doesn't look child-friendly and the first time we went I was concerned about what kind of damage my 22-month-old would do, but Ethan sat there like a little gentlemen and we talked and I was amazed at what a cool little person he was becoming. That summer, I worried so much about what life would be like with two boys and I was sure that the baby was going to ruin this awesome thing I had going with Ethan.


Sometimes it is just as insane as I had imagined.








Mostly it is a hundred, million, kajillion times better.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Awwww - what handsome little "dates" you have!!! They offer free movies somewhere around here too - I should check it out. I must confess that we haven't taken Chase, or Dylan for that matter, to an actual movie yet. Bad mommy! I love that you have sword yielding boy pictures today too! Funny ;)

Laura said...

How fun! And your great new vehicle! Swords in a restaurant would add to the excitement!

Jenny said...

The best dates that a gal can have!

We took the kids to go see monsters vs. aliens awhile back. They LOVED it. We did too. Now sometimes we'll "play" movie nights. We act like we're going to a movie, put popcorn in bags, turn off the lights and put on a movie. I know, it's like a gajillion other nights, but for some reason when I suggest we act like we're going to the theater Faith gets the biggest kick out of it.